Here’s what’s happening in June at the Vernon Free Library:
Cribbage Club: Interested in joining the newly formed Cribbage Club at the library? Join us Thursdays at 11 a.m.
Plant Swap and Sale: The library is having a fund raiser on Saturday, June 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Town Office Building. Bring your extra plants to donate for sale or swap for new ones! (Label them, if possible.) Plant donations may be dropped off at the Town Office Building beginning Thursday, June 2.
Fairy Gardens Silent Auction: Our silent auction is taking place through June 4. View auction items in the Library andplace your bid!
Win a consultation with a master gardener! We’re raffling off this great prize! Drawing is on Saturday, June 4 at noon! Tickets are on sale now at the library — $1.00 each or six for $5.00.
Summer Reading Program: Crafts, activities, reading, math & fun! Here’s how it works:
- Children ages 0 to 18 years can register.
- You may register any time the library is open, starting Saturday, June 18.
- You will receive a log book to record the books you read this summer.
- Sign a contract with the librarian to decide how many books you will read or how long you plan to read.
- We will be offering a variety of weekly activities for the children.
- Everyone completing the program by fulfilling their contract will be invited to a final party and receive a certificate and rewards.
- Basic computer classes: Call Kris to arrange a class.
- Knitting Group: Every Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- Reading Group: Second Thursday of the month at 5 p.m. (June selection: Inside the O’Briens by Lisa Genva)
- Rhyme Time: Every Monday at 10:30 a.m. for ages 0 to 5 years old
- Preschool Story Time: Four times a month – check library website for dates and times
Summer hours: (April 1 to October 31, 2016)
- Monday 1—6 pm
- Tuesday 9—noon & 1—6 pm
- Wednesday 1—6 pm
- Thursday 1—6 pm
- Friday CLOSED
- Saturday 9—12 noon
Thank you for your support of the library!
Contact us: Phone: 802-257-0150 — Website: www.vernonfreelibrary.org — email: firstname.lastname@example.org — Facebook.